Image Source : Himanta Biswa Sarma (Twitter)
Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma took oath of office at a swearing-in ceremony on 10th May, 2021 at Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra in Guwahati. Along with Dr Sarma, several other MLAs also sworn-in as cabinet ministers.
In the swearing-in ceremony of the newly formed Cabinet Ministers, 13 legislators took oath as designated Ministers. The list includes Ranjeet Kumar Dass, Atul Bora, U G Brahma, Parimal Suklabaidya, Chandra Mohan Patowary, Keshav Mahanta, Dr Ranuj Pegu, Sanjay Kisan, Jogen Mohan, Ajanta Neog, Ashok Singhal, Pijush Hazarika and Bimal Bora.
Out of the legislators, 10 took the oath in the Assamese language, including CM Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma. On the other hand, one oath each in Bodo, Bengali and English respectively was taken by three legislators.
Several eminent journalists, well-known personalities, and artists were present at the swearing-in ceremony. The Kamrup-Metro district administration ensured that every SOP and COVID-19 protocol was put in place for the swearing in ceremony.
Here is the final list of Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma’s cabinet.
- Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, Chief Minister, Assam: Home, Personnel, PWD, and any other Department not allotted to any other Minister.
- Ranjit Kumar Dass, Minister: Panchayat & Rural Development, Public Health Engineering, Food & Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs.
- Atul Bora, Minister: Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary, Border Area Development, Implementation of Assam Accord, Cooperation.
- Urkhao Gwra Brahma, Minister: Handloom & Textile, Soil Conservation, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (BTC).
- Chandra Mohan Patowary, Minister: Transport, Industries & Commerce, Skill Development, Welfare of Minorities.
- Parimal Shuklabaidya, Minister: Environment & Forests, Fisheries, Excise.
- Keshab Mahanta, Minister: Health & Family Welfare, Science & Technology, Information Technology.
- Ranuj Pegu, Minister: Education, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (non-BTC).
- Ashok Singhal, Minister: Guwahati Development, Urban Development, Irrigation.
- Jogen Mohan, Minister: Revenue & Disaster Management, Hills Area Development, Mines & Minerals.
- Sanjay Kishan, Minister: Welfare of Tea Tribes, Labour & Employment.
- Ajanta Neog, Minister: Social Welfare, Finance.
- Pijush Hazarika, Minister: Water Resources, Information & PublicRelations, Parliamentary Affairs.
- Bimal Bora, Minister: Sports & Youth Welfare, Cultural Affairs, Power, Tourism.