The continuing surge of infections in the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic has now become a worrying crisis.
As the positivity rate of COVID-19 cases in the urban and adjacent areas have shown significant surge in the COVID-19 cases during last few days and require stricter COVID containment measures, the State Government has brought a new set of protocols and modified the old ones which shall be in supersession of all earlier orders and shall come in force from 5.00 AM of May 13, 2021 until further orders.
Here are the new guidelines
- All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at 1 PM on all days.
2 Weekly haats/bazaars shall not be allowed for 15 days.
- Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries can entertain dine-in guests only up to 1 PM after which only home delivery of food will be allowed.
- Restaurants operating within a Hotel or Resort can allow outside guests up to 1 PM only after which only in-house guests of the Hotel/Resort may be given room service
- Delivery of essential goods through e-Commerce may continue with observance COVID appropriate behavior
- Cold storages and warehouses may continue after 1PM However, sale counters, showrooms etc attached to these warehouses or cold storages shall not operate after 1PM
- Pharmacies, Hospitals, Animal Care Centres and Veterinary clinics may operate without restrictions being providers of essential and emergency services
- All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities must
provide quality virtual options No physical classes shall be allowed for 15 days.
- All offices both Government and Non-Government shall shut down for 15 days.
- Government/ semi government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and senior executives in Non-Government sector along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office upto 1 PM only for emergency and essential works
However, 9 and 10 above will not be applicable for organizations rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work.
- In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches 5% or more in the last one week, District Magistrate will notify such areas as containment zone and ensure necessary containment measures COVID-19 as envisaged in MOHFW, Gol advisory dated 25 April, 2021 annexed with MHA order dated 29 April 2021.
- Marriages and religious functions will be only private affairs and be allowed with the presence of a maximum of 10 (ten) persons. No reception parties will be allowed post or pre marriage.
- Funeral / last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 persons.
- All Religious places shall remain closed for 15 days. However, the religious head of a religious place or his representative may perform minimal religious rituals/prayers.
15.All public transport will be allowed to operate only upto 30% of seating capacity.
16 Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers.
- Pillion riding will be totally prohibited in two wheelers, except with women and children.
- All vehicles other than government vehicles will be allowed to ply in accordance with an odd- even formula to be decided by the jurisdictional District Disaster Management Authority between 5AM to 2PM. However, this restriction shall not apply to personal vehicles used for medical emergencies.
- There shall be a total ban on movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily. except for exemptions specified in Order No ASDMA 28/2021/63 dated 4 May, 2021.
- In respect of areas not covered by this order, the regulations given vide order No. ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated 4th May, 2021 shall remain in force.