Tezpur, August 16 : On the auspicious occasion of 75th Independence Day of India, Minister for the Department of Housing & Urban Affairs and Irrigation at Govt of Assam, Ashok Singhal visited the residence of senior Dental Surgeon, Dr. Angshuman Sarmah on Sunday to felicitate him for his exemplary service and duty in the hour of Covid crisis.
Dr. Sarmah is currently posted at North Jamuguri BPHC at Sonitpur District and his contribution during both the waves of Covid Pandemic are worth mentioning.
His duties during the First Wave of Covid Pandemic include –
- Door to Door Screening & Home Quarantine stamping of passengers coming from outside of Assam (Area North Jamuguri BPHC)
- Screening of individuals & working with 104 (Sanjeevani) emergency medical team (Constituted at Office of The Joint Director of Health)
- Worked as an incharge at Patkai Boy’s Hostel Quarantine Centre Tezpur University
- Worked at The Zonal Screening Centre Tezpur University
- Completed 3 phases of RED Zone duty at Kusumtola Model Hospital Covid Care Centre (During the first phase of Red Zone duty distributed sweets & encouragement to Child Covid Patient) last year on 15th August to infuse the integrity among the children
His duties during the Second Wave of Covid Pandemic include –
- Worked at the Control Room of DDMA Sonitpur
- Started working at the GREEN Zone of Dekargaon Model Hospital Covid Care Centre
- Started the RED Zone duties at Dekargaon Model Hospital Covid Care Centre
- Completed 6 phases of Red Zone Duty till date.
We salute and thank Dr. Sarmah for his untiring efforts at a time when the entire world reeled under the grip of Pandemic.