The state government has reviewed the situation of Covid-19 in the state. It has come to observance that though the number of COVID-19 patients and positivity rate is declining in some districts, the overall situation is still precarious, for which adequate containment measures for both urban and rural areas are still necessary for
containment of Covid-19 across the State.
Therefore, taking minor relaxations in account, a new and slightly modified set of
directives have been issued which will remain in force from 5 AM of June 16, 2021 till 5 AM of June 22, 2021.
A. Containment Zones-for urban and rural areas:
In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches 5% or more in case of urban areas and 10% or more in case of rural areas in the last one week, District Magistrate will notify such areas as containment zone and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
B. Night Curfew
- There shall be total ban on movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily in
Kamrup Metropolitan district considering the decreasing trend of COVID-19 cases including decrease in the daily caseload.
- In the districts viz. South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao and Charaideo where the positive cases are showing less than 400 cumulatively in last 10 days, the lockdown like conditions are here by relaxed and movement of individuals will be allowed from 5 AM to 5 PM daily.
- Districts where the total number of cumulative cases and per day cases are still showing persistently high numbers, especially Cachar, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Sonitpur and Nagaon will be under close watch till 21st June, 2021. In case there is no improvement in the COVID status in these districts, stricter restrictions may follow.
- In the districts other than the districts mentioned in 1 and 2 above, restrictions
imposed on 4th June 2021 shall
continue to remain in force till June 22, 2021 i.e. total ban in movement of individuals from 1 PM to 5 AM daily.
C. Workplace and business/ commercial establishments:
- Regulation Timing
- All Government and Private Employees who have taken both doses of COVID-19 vaccine have to attend office mandatorily.
- Government/semi government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and senior executives in the Non-Government sector along with their key support staff will have to attend the office for emergency and urgent works irrespective of their vaccination status.
4 The organizations rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work will continue working without any restrictions.
- Pregnant women employees and women with children of 5 years or below working under any Government / PSU / Financial Institutions Private Organizations irrespective of their grade shall be eligible to work from home.
- Persons with disabilities (PwDs) working in any Government/PSU/ Financial Institutions/Private organizations shall be exempted from attending duties in consonance with the O.M No.11013/9/2014/Estt. (A.III) dated 1st April, 2020 issued by DoPT, Gol. However, they may be encouraged to work from home.
D. Public Transport (Government and Private)-for urban and rural areas:
- All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and
seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
- Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers maintaining social distancing.
- Pillion riding will be totally prohibited in two wheelers, except with women and children.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory even for a single person driving a vehicle. In case of persons travelling in any private car, up to 100 % of its seating capacity. Wearing a face mask is mandatory for all people.
E. Educational Institutions (Government and
Private) -for urban and rural areas:
- All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities shall continue to provide quality virtual options. No physical classes are allowed.
F. Gatherings -for urban and rural areas:
- No meeting / gathering at any open or closed spaces shall be allowed;
- For marriages, only religious part will be allowed with presence of maximum of 10
(ten) persons. No reception parties will be allowed post or pre marriage.
- All Religious places shall remain closed until further orders. However, the religious
head of a religious place or his representative may perform minimal religious
- Funeral / last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 persons for each deceased.
- In case of hotels/resorts, in-house guests may be allowed to dine-in up to the usual time of operation.
- Delivery of essential goods through e-Commerce may continue with observance
of COVID appropriate behavior.
- Weekly haats / bazaars shall continue to be not allowed.
- Pharmacies, Hospitals, Animal Care Centres and Veterinary clinics may operate
without restrictions being providers of essential and emergency services.
All inter-district transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended till 5 AM of 22nd June, 2021.
- Wearing a face mask is compulsory in all public places.
- Cold storages and warehouses may continue even after the time prescribed table at item no C-1(5).
- Shop owners shall ensure a minimum six feet distance among customers and shall not allow more than 5 persons inside the shop. In addition, shop owners should compulsorily keep sanitizers and hand wash in their shops.
- Shopkeepers and customers shall have to wear masks, hand gloves and maintain social distancing. Responsibility of maintenance of social distancing will be on the shop owner and failure to do so will be viewed very seriously and may entail
summary closure of defaulting shops.
- Industrial units and Tea gardens may function subject to observance of COVID appropriate behaviour. Head of the unit/tea garden shall be responsible for ensuring social distancing, mask wearing by workers and staff, sanitization of industrial premises, thermal scanning etc.
Other restrictions including odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones etc. for urban and peripheral areas, restriction on inter district movement shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by the given order.