Tezpur, 4th Sept.: An important meeting was organised by North Assam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NACCI) with the Railway Officials on 02nd September, 2021 at NACCI Auditorium premises to discuss various issues, woes faced by traders and suggest possible solutions.
Here are some of the highlighted issues discussed in the meeting :
A) Issues relating to Goods Carriages at Dekargaon Rly Station:
1) Non availability of “Merchants Room” for working, taking rest etc.
2) Lack of facilities for Labourers / Workers like Rooms for resting, toilets, bathrooms etc.
3) Non availability of Drinking Water facilities at the Yards.
4) Non availability of Shed / Warehousing facilities for temporary storage of unloaded goods.
5) Lack of Canteen facilities.
6) Insufficient lighting facilities
B) Issues relating to passenger trains to/from Dekargaon:
1) Demand for restarting of Dekargaon – Tinsukia / Dibrugarh / Tinsukia.
2) DEMO from Kamakhya / Guwahati to Dekargaon.
3) Superfast train from Dekargon to NJP.
4) Change of timings of Stoppage of Rajdhani Express at Rangapara North.
5) Diversion of at least 50% of Trains running from Dibrugarh / Tinsukia from the North Bank Route.
6) Demand for revival of Tezpur Railway Station. However, a prime member of NACCI, Mr. Sunil Saraf in this regard suggested that if such revival is not possible, atleast a heritage museum, dedicated to the Railways could be set up instead of leaving the abandoned Railway station to end up in ruins.
7) Better and proper Utilisation of Railway Land alongside the tracks passing through Tezpur Town and Tezpur Railway Station.
8) Change of Name of Dekargaon Railway Station to include “Tezpur” in the name. for Eg. “New Tezpur” / “Tezpur (Dekargaon)” etc.
Many officials of the Railway department were invited to the meeting, namely, Bipin Sarma, ACM; Techi Kumar, AOM/Goods; Sumit Verma, Probationary officer; Samrat Mitra TI/RPAN; Khirod Ch. Singha, Suptd., Dekargaon Rly Stn.
The meeting was mainly organised to discuss the ways and means to enhance the use of Railways in business activities in the region. The officials ensured all possible assistance from their end to ensure a healthy relationship between businessman, passengers and the Railways.