Under the direction of Chief Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma, Cabinet Ministers are allotted districts to monitor the COVID-19 situation across the state.
The allotted Ministers have to frequently report to the Chief Minister & the Minister of Health regarding the COVID-19 situation
- Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma Hon’ble Chief Minister, Assam – Majuli
- Shri Ranjit Kumar Dass Minister, Panchayat & Rural Development etc. – Barpeta, Bajali, Bongaigaon
- Shri Atul Bora Minister, Agriculture etc. – Jorhat, Golaghat
- Shri Urkhao Gwra Brahma Minister, Handloom & Textile etc. – Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa
- Shri Chandra Mohan Patowary Minister, Industries & Commerce etc. – Nalbari, Kamrup, Udalguri
- Shri Parimal Shuklabaidya Minister, Environment & Forests etc. – Cachar, Hailakandi, Karimganj
- Shri Keshab Mahanta Minister, Health & Family Welfare etc. – Nagaon, Hojai
- Shri Ranuj Pegu Minister, Education etc – Dhemaji, Lakhimpur
- Shri Ashok Singhal Minister, Urban Development etc. – Sonitpur, Darrang, Biswanath
- Shri Jogen Mohan Minister, Revenue & Disaster Management, etc. – West Karbi Anglong, East Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao
- Shri Sanjay Kishan Minister, Welfare of Tea Tribes etc. – Tinsukia, Dibrugarh
- Smt Ajanta Neog Minister, Finance etc. – Dhubri, Lakhimpur
- Shri Pijush Hazarika Minister, Water Resources etc. – Morigaon, Goalpara
- Shri Bimal Bora, Minister, Power etc. – Sivasagar, Charaideo
Each Minister will:
- Monitor the trend in the number of COVID cases and the positivity p.c. in a district
- Assess the adequacy of health care facilities in terms of hospital beds, manpower, ICU facilities, medicines, oxygen availability, ambulances etc. to meet the present and anticipated number of COVID cases.
- Monitor compliance with COVID related restrictions in the district.
- Guide and support the district administration by coordinating with the Health & Family Welfare and other Departments, as required.
- Keep Chief Minister and Minister, Health & Family Welfare informed of the situation regularly.